Once upon a time, there were so few yoga teachers in DC that — on a dark night, walking along an otherwise empty sidewalk hemmed in by chain link fence — I chased down a man carrying a yoga mat to ask if he was a yoga teacher.
Hear this and many more stories from my years of yoga teaching, like:
- How I stumbled into teaching yoga, and when I first got exposed to yoga,
- Why Kripalu yoga has formed the foundation of my yoga,
- Trials and tribulations of PT school
- Why I no longer ask students if they have injuries
- How yoga teachers are not responsible for the outcome of a students experience but are responsible for — among other things — the “set and setting”
- Why I think it’s funny that we go to the dentist every 6 months to check up on our teeth, but that checking up on our entire bodies (i.e. seeing a physical therapist) is an afterthought
All this on the DC Yoga Podcast with Chris Parkison.
Thanks for having me as a guest, Chris!
Here’s the episode link: